Give your mind and body a workout by choreographing a multi-step dance with your child.
- Target Age: 2-5
- Learning Goals: Executive Functioning, Arts and Creativity, and Healthy Habits
- Find a space in your home or outside with plenty of room for dancing.
- Talk together about how you’re going to create a dance routine that has different steps, and think of some strategies to help you remember them along the way, such as repeating them out loud or making up a fun rhyme.
- Make up a first step, such as jump or twirl, and say it out loud over and over as you practice it.
- Add on to your dance by making up a second step using a different body part than the first, such as clapping. Say it out loud over and over as you practice it.
- Put the two dance moves together and practice your new routine, again saying each step out loud over and over.
- If your child seems to master the two steps together, try adding on a third.
- Turn on the music and do your dance routine together!