Help your child learn about the letters in the alphabet while you create a delicious meal!
- Target Age: 3-6
- Learning Goals: Letter Recognition; Letter Sounds; Alliteration
- Related Episodes: Episode 4271: Cast Iron Cooks
- Healthy Ingredients that begin with a specific letter (ex. lettuce, lentils, and lima beans)
- Choose a letter you want to base your meal on (maybe use the first letter in your child’s name or a letter she is focusing on in school).
- Talk with your child about the sound that letter makes and brainstorm some foods or ingredients that begin with that letter.
- Prepare the meal or snack together with some of the letter ingredients, talking about the letter sounds you hear in each food. For instance, you could make a salami sandwich with string beans on the side, and strawberries for dessert!
- Together, create a menu and have your child write the letter and draw pictures of the foods you made.