Sometimes, when letters switch places it builds a new word. Build your own words with this activity.
- Target Age: 6-9
- Learning Goals: Phonics: Blending
- Related Episode: Episode 110 – “Scrambled Brains”
- Related Game: Word Mangler
- Crayons, markers or chalk
- Masking tape
- Write the word endings and letters from the word list below on pieces of masking tape.
- Stick each word or word ending to a block.
- Ask your child to move the blocks around to create words, building a wall of words.
- Swap around the word endings to create new words
Possible word combinations:
- pick / picky / pill / silly / sick / lily / lick / brick