Comic Book Creator
In the activity below, your child can create his very own Electric Company comic book.
- Target Age: 6-9
- Learning Goals: writing
- Related Episode: Episode 203: “Mighty Bright Fight”
- Related Game: What’s the Story?
- Four sheets of paper
- Crayons or markers
- Pictures from magazines or downloaded online
- Help your child find pictures in magazines, family photos or images downloaded online. Choose anything he might want to put in his comic book.
- Stack the four sheets of paper, fold them and staple them together along the fold to make a book.
- Now your child can glue pictures into his book and make his own drawings. He can fill the book with pictures that show an adventure.
- Once your child has filled his book with pictures, he can write in words for the characters to say. The adventure can be about anything he wants. Look at that: he just became a comic book creator.
Take it Further
Your child can give his comic book characters special word powers. Help him create a character who has the power to use “transformer h.” That character can change cat to chat, saggy too shaggy, and bat to bath. Will his character use that power to do good things, or will he be a bad guy? It’s up to your child as the creator.