Build a collection of memories.
- Target Age: 3-5
- Learning Goals: art, creative thinking & problem solving, language & literacy, social & emotional development
- Related Episode: Arthur's New Year's Eve
- art supplies
- crayons and markers
- paper fasteners
- three-hole punch
Help your children create memory books in which to document some favorite experiences.
- Recollect: Have your children think of important events from the last year. They can be things that took place at school, at home, on trips, with friends, etc.
- Create: Distribute art supplies so your children can illustrate their favorite memories.
- Write: Ask children to dictate captions to go with their pictures.
- Collect: Using paper fasteners, bind the pages together into books. (Create a book for each child, or a collective volume.) Let your children choose the titles.
Encourage your children to share their memory book stories with friends or other family members.
Take It Further
Help your children create memory boxes in which to store mementos of special projects and occasions.
Based on an activity in Play and Learn with Arthur, Volume 1.