Create and send postcards through the mail.
- Target Age: 3-5
- Learning Goals: art, language & literacy, life skills
- Related Episode: Arthur Meets Mister Rogers
Help your children create their own postcards, and then send them in the mail to family and friends.
- addresses (family and friends)
- art supplies
- blank postcards
- envelopes and cards you've received
Help your kids make masks so they can pretend to be scary creatures.
- Discuss: Show your children some cards and envelopes that you've received in the mail. Ask: What do you need to put on an envelope before you mail it? Where do you go to mail a letter? What happens when you mail a letter?
- Create: Have your children decorate the blank sides of postcards. Invite them to dictate notes for family or friends. Address the card together.
- Mail: Walk to the nearest mailbox and let your children mail their postcards.
Set up a "post office" in your home. Provide props so your children can act out what it is like to buy stamps, mail a package, or pick up letters from a post office box.
Based on an activity in Play and Learn with Arthur, Volume 1.