Plan and host a celebration.
- Target Age: 3-5
- Learning Goals: creative thinking & problem solving
- Related Episode: Arthur's Birthday
- art supplies
- party supplies
Everyone likes a good party, so plan one with your child!
- Discuss: Decide with your children what your party will celebrate. Is it a birthday party for a friend or family member? Is it a party to celebrate spring? Is it a make-believe party (e.g., a tea party for stuffed animals)? Is it a party to show appreciation for someone special?
- Plan: Children will enjoy being involved in all aspects of the planning. Have them suggest ideas for how to decorate the room, what refreshments to serve, what songs to sing, and what games to play. Foster organizational skills by keeping lists.
- Create: Your children can make invitations and decorations.
When the party is over, talk to your kids about how they felt it went. Congratulate them for all their hard work.
Based on an activity in Play and Learn with Arthur, Volume 1.