Pamper family bikes and trikes.
- Target Age: 3-5
- Learning Goals: art, creative thinking & problem solving, life skills
- Related Episode: Stolen Bike
- crayons and markers
- index cards or cardboard squares
- shallow trays of water
- sponges, soap and paper towels
Wash and decorate your own trikes and bikes.
- Wash down: Using shallow trays of water, sponges and paper towels, set up a "safe wash station" outside for tricycles, bicycles, or ride-on toys.
- Spruce up: Help your children adorn the clean vehicle(s) with streamers and fanciful license plates made from index cards or cardboard squares.
If a tricycle is available, let your children compare it to a bicycle: How is it different?Where are the pedals attached? Do the wheels come off? Encourage them to describe the differences and similarities.
Take It Further
Ask a bike enthusiast to show his or her bike to your children. Have them point out the parts of a bike, and discuss things like bike accessories, repair tools, and safety gear.
Based on an activity in Play and Learn with Arthur, Volume 1.