Take care of make-believe infants.
- Target Age: 3-5
- Learning Goals: diversity, appreciation & understanding, life skills, music, social & emotional development
- Related Episode: Arthur's Baby
- dolls or stuffed animals
Young children are very interested in babies. Help them learn more with this role-play.
- Care for baby: Make sure each child has a doll or stuffed animal. Ask your children to name some ways to care for a baby. Have them act out each task with their dolls (e.g., feeding, diapering).
- Play games with baby: Demonstrate games that can be played with a baby, such as Peek-a-boo or "This Little Piggy." Have your children try these kinds of games and rhymes with their dolls.
- Sing to baby: Have your children put their babies to sleep by rocking them and singing a lullaby. What lullabies do your children know?
Have children listen to lullabies from different cultures. Look for these recordings at your local library: