Create special cards for special people.
- Target Age: 3-5
- Learning Goals: art, language & literacy, social & emotional development
- Related Episode: Grandma Thora Appreciation Day
- art supplies
Help your children talk about appreciation and make cards for special people in their lives.
- Discuss: Ask your children what they think it means to "appreciate" something or someone. Clarify the meaning of the word through discussion. Tell your children some of the reasons why you appreciate them (e.g., they are helpful, they are good company, they are fun). Share what you appreciate about other people in your life, too.
- Cheer: Slap your thighs and clap your hands as you teach your kids this cheer:
- Create: Help your children create special cards for people they appreciate. For each child, write the words "2, 4, 6, 8! Whom do I appreciate?" on a piece of paper, and fold the paper in half. Inside the cards, children can draw the people they appreciate. Ask your children why they appreciate these people, and write their explanations in their cards.