Write a spine-tingling tale
- Target Age: 3-5
- Learning Goals: art, creative thinking & problem solving, language & literacy
- Related Episode: Arthur's Faraway Friend
- art supplies
- paper fasteners
- three-hole punch
Work with your children to create and illustrate a collaborative adventure story.
- Write: Create a story together. Write your children's words on pieces of paper that will become the pages of a book. You may want to use or adapt the following story outline:
- Arthur and Buster want to find (What?) because (Why?).
- However, (What makes it hard to get?).
- Arthur and Buster begin their adventure. They (What do they do?).
- But unfortunately, (What difficulty do they encounter?).
- So Arthur and Buster (How do they meet the challenge?).
- Finally, (How does the adventure end?).
- Illustrate: Read the completed story aloud, and work together to choose a title. Have your children illustrate the pages and a cover. Bind the pages together using paper fasteners.
With a Group
Create a Big Book by writing the story on large pieces of paper. Have teams of children illustrate the pages, and invite friends and family to hear the story read aloud.